dog ate my post

i know i am late.

but its sunday night and i need to post a post or i miss this weeks two. this is my dog ate my homework. (i know its lame to write about your own inability to write, but this is the best i can come up with at such a short notice. )

so why am i late this week?

actually i dont have much of a reason. i wasnt swamped with work. i wasnt moving mountains, or planets or even rocks. i was just at work doing my daily work type things which for the last month or so involved a lot of sitcom viewing. i dont watch them for work, i just watch them at work. it does affect my productivity, it makes me feel guilty after the first 4 hrs and motivates me into working for about half an hr or so on a good day. on the bad ones for about 10 minutes and i am back to my shows.

so what happened this week. this week i had to decide. decide weather i should stay here and soldier on towards what ever form of life i am going to lead if i continue down this rabbit hole, or do i leave home, move to another city in pursuit of greener pastures. now as far as my decision making skills are concerned, you can ask anyone i know, they will all tell you that karthik is a legend when it comes to not choosing. i have almost perfected procrastination of my life choices to a point where i am starting to believe that there i life possible without choosing at all. so this week i had to make a choice. and i HAD to do it. it couldnt be pushed any further. i had to make a call. in terms of my newly devised scale for decision making, menu units. it takes 10 Mu to oder your own lunch at lunch time. but if you are bored it takes you anything upto a 100 units to order "something nice".

this weeks decision needed something like 200000 Mu. now you can image the magnitude of the weight on my head. its amazing i didnt try to kill myself.

so if i delayed work this week, it is only because of the things i had on my mind.

the folks back home would be happy to know that i shall continue in my inconsequential ways in the city. i am not moving. i shall stay and brave my own demons this year. it is going to be a phenomenal year and i want to be here to witness it!

0 comments:

top